Further development of Rastullahs Lockenpracht is on hold for a undefined time. There are several reasons, but it is mainly the lack of developers and designers that made us taking this decision. Also most members of the old team are fully embedded in their working life or show little to no interest on RL anymore. The project will continue to exist and new developers or teams are free to continue/overtake it.
You can still leave feedback in our forum.
Following our team meeting in march we promised to release a demonstration version. Now the time has come. Some bugs have been fixed since the announcement was made, but crashes might still occur. Most of the new features are still work in progress. We are not packaging an adventure, but just a small test game module. This version contains the following features for evaluation:
- A simple combat
- Our new dialogue system
- An inventory and quest book
- A buggy sound system test
- Interaction between different kinds of objects
- Game zones
- Saving game states (with loading currently disabled)
Our release is just a very rough and experimental version targetting software developers. We don't want to fan false hopes but only demonstrate our current state of developement. Please post bugs, which can't be found in our bugtracker, in our forum.
Furthermore, as always, we recommend to read the README, where, for example, the controls are explained.
Download of the demo (Windows version)
Also a OSX demo version exists.
Download the demo (OSX version)
Please post bugs and missing files to the matching thread.
We are sorry that we can't offer a prebuilt linux version at this time. As always, you can build Rastullahs Lockenpracht on your own.
Our Forum has been recreated from a backup from December 2006. We took this opportunity to restructure internal forums but left public forums untouched. If you created your account after 12/11/2006 you have to recreate it. If you encounter any problems, please post a comment here or join our IRC channel.
As you might already be aware of, our forum is currently down. We don't know why yet, but the forum database is empty, as this site is run on a shared server there is little we can do about this. We will recreate the forum early next week, but we don't know yet whether we will be able to rescue the old content and to what degree, as our last backup is rather old. In any case accounts probably can't be restored so you have to recreate it.We will post more information when the forum is up again.
Since last sunday - and until the upcoming - the Team Pantheon gathers near Colonia. Today, we had our first discussion group. The results are not unexpectable. On the other hand it seems worthwhile to collect, what has been done during this gathering up to now:
- Harlequin did the most evident and set up and filled this new Website that outgrows the old one in aspects of clarity.
- haffax is working on the combat system.
- Blakharaz completet the task management. Therewith, two out of our for key features that define the next techdemo, are done. (A glance at our RoadMap, demonstrates how the achieved and still wakening tasks stand in relation.) Aside, he fixed some bugs..
- Iblis enhanced the dialogue with some new features, so that it fulfills our present needs.
- melven, responsible of physics and handling, fixed some bugs in these areas.
- Timm is working on the persistence for some time, that means saving and loading of game states. By now, real save files are created. As long as the modules don't content any map changes it is possible to restore these completely, too. Now is pending only the - alas, complex - map change, meaning that the state of different gaming areas stays remembered when the player keeps switching between them.
Steele and myself began with the dialogues for the techdemo-module.
With that gathering, we are bending on the long straight before our next big publication.
Aside from the announced, we are awaiting Matthias, Alassion, JoSch and no22.
Another report is awaited for the week-end.
A new and simpler website.
Some of the content is still untranslated so please bear with us. But all our SVN commit comments are in english - so have a look at our actual development changes!
Das Teamtreffen ist vorbei, Entscheidungen wurden getroffen.
Unser insgesamt sechstes Teamtreffen ging am 15. April zu Ende. Es war - wie immer - eine gesellige Atmosphäre, in der viel gescherzt, aber auch einiges beschlossen und gearbeitet wurde. Insgesamt waren elf Teilnehmer zu verzeichnen, die aber nicht alle gleichzeitig anwesend waren. Einige neue Gesicher waren auch darunter.
So, da wären wir: Seit gestern Harlequin, Teclis, pnyx, no22 und Cassim (dazu HideOfX, die nach einigen teamnahen Jahren nun vielleicht die GUI machen wird), heute kamen noch Blakharaz und haffax an.
Bisher bastelt jeder nur so ein bisschen vor sich hin und baut seinen Rechner auf.
Nach dem Mittagessen, für das wir gerade Spagetthi und Basilikumtöpfchen besorgt haben, wird es dann ernst: Wir setzen uns für das Eröffnungsgespräch zusammen.
Möge das Teamtreffen beginnen!